Conference Participation Grants
NOW AVAILABLE: Conference Grantees' reports
2011 Grant Funds to attend IFLA 2011 are now available to support a number of colleagues from:
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Asia & Oceania
- developing countries and emerging economies throughout the world
Travel grants are being provided thanks to a generous donation from the Stichting IFLA Foundation
- Approximately 12 grants of Euro 1000 for delegates from the Latin American and Caribbean region. This is considered to be a subsidy that pays for Registration and Accommodation for the IFLA WLIC 2011 in Puerto Rico. Grantees will have to make their own arrangements for travel and a daily allowance.
- Approximately 10 grants for delegates from developing countries worldwide. Successful candidates receive support in the form of Congress registration, hotel accommodation and additional (travel) expenses for a maximum total of EUR 2.000. Additional expenses need to be covered by other sponsorship or by candidates themselves.
Delegates applying for a grant will have to:
- be a member of their National Library Association, proof of which is required
- send a committed letter of application and a well-organized CV
- provide proof of their professional background and experience: level of education, positions held and professional experience in general, including previous or current involvement in IFLA
- declare that they are able to fund any other costs not covered by the grant allocated to them
- provide an estimate of the travel cost
- write a report on their attendance after the conference; please see last years' submissions
The purpose of the grant is to encourage participation within IFLA.
1 March 2011
PLEASE NOTE: The application period is now closed and applications are no longer being accepted.
Download the Application form:
MS Word | PDF
Please send your completed application as an attachment by email to:
Additional conference participation grants & awards
- IFLA Academic & Research Libraries Section Essay Contest
- IFLA LIS Student Paper Award
- IFLA International Marketing Award
- Dr. Shawky Salem Conference Grant
- Grants for CILIP members to attend WLIC
- Rovelstad Scholarship in International Librarianship
- bourses francophones IFLA du Comité Français IFLA (CFI)
- Reisekostenzuschüsse zur Teilnahme am Weltkongress Bibliothek und Information
Last update: 23 March 2011